Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Brave new world

Ok so it has been a few months since I have blogged. I have 2 kids, a perpetually messy house, and an aggressive reading habit. I"M BUSY.

So what am I going to talk about, what has moved me to the computer at long last? Is it the US opposing stricter WHO breastfeeding standards, is it those anti-breastfeeding Prada toting idiots at "The View"? Am I announcing my 3rd pegnancy (due in January 2006)? NO. It is something small.

The Sacagawea Dollar is my muse. I just love that little gold coin.

1- It reminds me of the Pound. I loved the Pound in Britain. It felt heavy like it was really worth a pound. I know we Americans love our greenback - as well we should but I jut love using that heavy golden coin.

2- UMMM isn't it obvious a WOMAN WEARING her BABY on her BACK on our CURRENCY. That is so huge. She isn't using a stroller or carrying a diaper bag - she didn't have diapers. She isn't even holding her baby in a demure motherly way. She has that baby on her back and she is out to explore the world, to lead others, to be a guide in the new world.

That's the kind of mother I want to be. I love hiking with my baby snuggly tied on my back. I love the feel of his breath on the nape of my neck when he falls asleep. I love exploring the world with my baby in tow. I hope that I am leading the way through my example, that I can be a guide in the new world. The world where mothers are in tune with their babies' needs, the world where children aren't a hindrance to a woman's career but the crowning glory of a woman's life.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Beautifully said K. :)