Friday, July 05, 2013

Samurai Mom Sewing Round up.

I am entering to be a contestant on the Super Online Sewing Bee and this post is a round up of some of my work.  Not all of it and not necessarily the best but what I could find photos of.


My most recent Dress, " Apple Pie"

A true collaboration my friend suggested the rick-rack placement, another the pleats and my daughter the belt.  I made this up on a whim over the weekend for Independence Day. My own design.
This was a sheet I found at a garage sale for 50 cents.  The moment I saw it I KNEW that it was really a shirtwaist dress with coral trim that no one had made up yet.  This is one of my favorite dresses!  Comfy, casual cool yet elegant. I made this design up as a went along which is a shame because I may never be able to replicate it.
"Matching" Mother-Daughter Easter Dresses

Made out of the same fabrics, vintage pattern and reproduction pattern

with Matching hats!



From a modern pattern.
Clever fabric choice and detail

Loving this fun day dress with pockets.  A girl needs a place to keep her things.
Did I make a dress out of fabric with little men in sombreros and donkeys?  Yes, yes I did.

We call this one the "Potato Salad Dress" because it is the same color as potato salad.

Drafted my own pattern
Details!

I CAN sew bags too.
I love hand work, especially embroidery, this was my first attempt at smocking. I loved the dress but wish that I would have fitted the shoulder better.

My cowgirl shirt WAS an XL men's shirt.  I took every piece apart and cut them to my size.

and added lace everywhere I could get away with it!

I saw this dress
Made my own, and in my size for a couple hundred dollars less that it was selling for.

Taffeta flower girl dress, commercial pattern heavily altered.
With ribbon detail
before I knew how to take pictures without a flash!
Made a reading pillow and appliquéd birds on it.
Doll clothes are HARD, such tiny everything!
Saw a picture in a magazine and made one for myself

Tinkerbell costume

I took these two dresses

And made one


Original design
Can I just say how much I love ridiculously large bows?

Reconstruction of a woman's blouse
Into a tiny baby dress


Fell in love with this fabric from Sew Mama Sew

And made some fun details on the blouse

Really Fun!


"Riding to the Hounds," I saw this fabric of a fox hunt and HAD to have it.  I made it into this killer sheath dress
and matching hat
Reversible apron
My own design and pattern
I love embroidery!

Little Red Riding hood
My own patterns and designs skirt, peasant top, dirndl  apron and hood.



No comments: