Friday, May 20, 2011

5x5 pt 4

 I did lot on day 4 like finish up the uniforms I was supposed to have done by Saturday and

find a home for all the flotsam and jetsam of the kitchen hot spots and clutter piles.

But this was the fun part.  It is exactly what I wanted, part apron part t-shirt dress. I don't care if it isn't flattering or that Moose will loathe it.  Light and airy and completely kitschy, it is a theme dress for when I am feeling particularly granola.  I made it out of a down east basics shirt that had a bleach stain on the belly and good old fashioned gingham check.

I don't know what to call it.  In the photo I am trying to  decide what I am planting in the garden, but on the whole this dress reminds me of sappy 70's songs and films in meadows with fuzzy lenses.  Shall we have a contest.  What shall we name the dress?

2 comments:

Afton said...

well, the look definitely says, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone."

Debbie said...

How about, "And Aubrey was Her Name" (
by Bread)

Back in the 70's I would have totally worn that dress. It would have been appropriate for church OR school.