Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spurious

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”Genesis 3:15

This passage has been running through my head frequently of late.  For the last several months my right heel has felt like it has been bruised and over the last few weeks I started to think "Maybe this is an actual 'thing'" and today I googled it.

Ignorance is bliss.  It is probably (based on my googling 3 or 4 phrases and my non-existant podiatry degree) those ugly words you sometimes hear on foot ailment commercials  but never know what they mean and are too grossed out to find out.

Doesn't this look awful?

"Heel spur" and/or "plantar fasciitis"

Great, because I didn't already think that being in your 30's is lame. Now it is literally.

Now Genesis 3:15 has meaning to me, I know that a bruised heel hurts and is really annoying but you can get on with life.


My mom claims to have some essential oils for it and that is good because I am supposed to go on a 50 mile hike in 2 1/2 weeks.


 
These are to only kind of spurs I want on my feet.

2 comments:

joy said...

Ouch! I hope it feels better soon, so you can enjoy your hike! Love, Joy

Mary said...

I hate to mention this but it happened to me several years ago. I just was extra careful on it but it took over 6 months to feel better. Good luck!!