Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Game of Telephone


"Camrock, will you please call Keira and see if she has any drop cloths I can borrow and can she deliver then since I am covered in paint?"

I really was covered in paint. I am an abominably messy painter. I cover EVERYTHING because if it is exposed it will be painted. I am generally covered with paint from the top of my kerchief to the soles of my feet. It is like that with everything I do, I just dive right into life and get messy, painting, gardening, baking, you name it.

This is why I looked at La Keira as if she had 3 heads when she casually remarked the other day "You could paint your bedroom this afternoon."
Yeah, right, sure, I'll just paint it in one afternoon. Painting a room around here requires a full two days and complete neglect of all other duties.

So Camrock calls La Keira and says "Sister Dominguez, Mom wants you to bring some washcloths over because she is covered in paint."
La Keira: "Is it an emergency?"
Camrock: "Yes."

I can only imagine what La Keira was picturing, me incapacitated by paint, writhing in such a terrible mess that my children feel the need to call for help and washcloths.

La Keira wisely asked to speak to me for clarification.

It was not a good day to call as The Domingo has been channeling Ivan the Terrible and what with her family headed into town. I wish I could have drafted heras I hear she is a notoriously tidy painter who rarely uses drop cloths.

3 comments:

Keira said...

If I could clone myself I would. Hang in there!

Shawnel said...

HA HA thats so funny!

Screaming Meme said...

This blog is hilarious! So glad I stopped in! :) I'd love to invite you over to my blog, Screaming Meme...it is a decorating blog...

I have a new hilarious blog, This Family's Gone Crackers...It is about a so called "normal" family, Insanely going gluten free...

Hope to see you there! Meme