Wednesday, June 01, 2011

hors d'oevres

This is a delicious spread inspired by a tea sandwich I had in Seattle on Bettysday. I call it Bettysday Spread.

I have a recipe for you, but you know how I am, I don't measure when I cook I just cook by feel.  I don't have a photo because I ate all the spread BEFORE I thought to post the recipe.

When I make this I just  carve out a hunk of cream cheese add the ingredients and call it good.  I will attempt to give you some actual measurements.

Bettysday Spread
1 package of Cream Cheese
4 oz crumbled Blue Cheese
1/4 cup Pecans chopped very fine (this might be too much put in as much as you like)
Several dashes of Nutmeg
Sea Salt to taste

Mix together and spread on bread or crackers top with thin slices of apples or use as a dip for fruit.  This goes well with pears and apples and probably would be nice with grapes.

My friend Kristin does not like blue cheese but she loves this.

No comments: