Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Unsettled

I have a huge knot in the pit of my stomach. I find it disturbing that the Texas CPS can take more than 400 children from their mothers based on the allegations of one girl - who may in fact not be real. She was complaining of abuse to herself not all the children on the ranch. There is no evidence so the children have been separated from their mothers so the state can get some evidence. We are told in this country that there has to be evidence before you are proven guilty but apparently that doesn't matter when it comes to stealing your kids.

What if the DHS decidedes that it doesn't like my religion, or my clothes, or decides I don't get my kids out enough? Will they take mine away? What if an angry neighbor "annonymously" calls DHS and claims I am abusing my kids? Then it is up to me to spend months if not years and a small fourtune to get my kids back, not to mention the trauma my children will suffer.

If this doesn't disturb you it should. Just because these people dress differently, belive differntly and talk so sweetly doesn't mean it can't happen to you. We should be outraged and the state of Texas should be hiding its actions out of shame.

No comments: