Saturday, June 07, 2008

Coming Out of the Closet

The political closet that is. Anyone who knows me knows that I have very strong political views. It all goes back to this little thing written a couple hundred years ago called "The Constitution of the United States of America" and the ideals espoused by the authors; liberty, freedom and personal responsibility.
I have been a little reluctant to admit to most that I support Ron Paul for President because I don't like being laughed at.
I find it disturbing that most people just laugh at him. Friends of mine were at a Republican caucus late last year and people thought Paul was so ridiculous. As if espousing ideals that align with our constitution are something to mock.
The media's treatment has been outrageous. We know what happens to their darlings - Obama. The only mainstream media piece I saw about Paul was about how prostitutes in Nevada support him for President. Hardly fair reporting.
Ron Paul shares my views on economic policy, war on terror, immigration, education, Social Security, health care, states rights, the Federal Reserve and limited government to name a few. He will not compromise nor will I. That is why I support Ron Paul for President of the United States of America.

No comments: