Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Review

Thanksgiving went off well, the only hiccups were when Nutmeg knocked my computer desk over, (incredibly, my ancient laptop continued playing You Tube Christmas carols without a blip) and when the Arizona wing of the family found that their turkey had not defrosted. You might wonder why this was our problem, well Mr. Moss had the fantastic idea of hooking up the webcams and having dinner together. 3 siblings in Arizona and our family and Grandma and Grandpa in Oregon. The younger siblings were in Montana because they couldn't come to Oregon.
This is the Arizona part of our Family, oddly the girl on the screen is not a member of the family, but a friend. It was so fun to see everyone preparing dinner together.
This is the Oregon wing of the family just before digging in.
And Moose finishing off a bottle of Sparkling Apple Juice.
The food was great, we tried sausage in the stuffing this year and decided it was OK but we won't do it again. My yams were great. Pies tasted fine.
It hardly felt like work, my mom kept everything so organized and I feel like I hardly did any work. I am so glad someone else made the rolls. I don't ever want to do Thanksgiving alone again.Dad spent the whole week fixing up little things in my house like sticky doors, crossed hot and cold water lines and my broken FAUCET! I think my parents should come visit more often! We miss them already. The first think Nutmeg said this morning was "I want Grandma." The kids are counting down to the drive to Montana for our Cool Yule.

4 comments:

Randee said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chelsea said...

That might be the biggest turkey I have ever seen. Wow! Glad you had a great day.

Dwane Zelinsky said...

That's a humongous turkey! I think that turkey can feed a small village. LOL! It's fun to celebrate Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Your parents are great, especially your dad, who made an effort to fix your leaking faucet. I'm glad that you guys had a great time during Thanksgiving.

Darryl Iorio said...

Wow! That turkey looks absolutely delicious! Anyway, it’s great that your dad is there to fix stuff around the house, instead of hiring a professional to take care of it. However, if the faucet shows signs of damage again, it’s best to call a plumber so that he can fix it immediately.