Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Antler Damask in Sky

Another Margaret Bag this time 80% in Antler Damask Sky with Lattice lining and red rick rack trim.
I am not wild about the button, which is perhaps why I dreamed of the antique store with the "button bar" last night.
I have been trying to figure out a way to read while knitting for quite some time. A few months ago I decided that this pattern from Sew Liberated was just the thing. I had hoped to receive it for a birthday present but that didn't happen so I bought it for myself.
I used Antler Damask and Lattice along with red rick rack again. I appliqued little birds from Antler Damask onto the Lattice side.
It works okay, it holds a hardcover book like nobody's business, but paperback books not so much. Since I mostly own paperbacks because I find them easier to hold while reading, this is a problem. I restuffed the pillow to see if more batting would solve the problem. Gothic Tales would not be held under any circumstances but the paperback of Sense and Sensibility I read last night stayed in firmly as long as I didn't wiggle much.

So, I have mixed feelings about the pillow, it is cute, it works after a fashion but I find myself debating whether or not there are mods I can make to make it work better and the reason I spent $14.45 on a PILLOW pattern was so that I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel and just a have a pillow that worked, to save time and frustration. I feel a little cheated. I never spend money on patterns and certainly not $14.45 for ANY pattern.

5 out of 7 thimbles for the Sew Liberated Reading Pillow pattern but I am not 5 thimbles happy.

2 comments:

grandmawhitehouse said...

How would it be for scriptures? I think if it would work I would like one because I like to read in bead and i get tired of holding the book.
What is your opinion?

grandmawhitehouse said...

Hey I Misspelled bed. At any rate it is so cute.