Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Samurai Mom's 12 days of Christmas

(10 Lords A Leaping by Anne Geddes)
This is a little song I started singing to Nutmeg last year at bedtime. Moose thinks I should share it with all y'all so here it is. It has absolutely nothing to do with celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior but I like all of these things. I have no idea what I would do with 12 tatting shuttles.

The First Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
A Nutmeg in a Pear tree
On the second Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Two Turtlenecks
On the Third Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Three Fountain Pens
On the Fourth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Four Petite Blythes
On the Fifth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Five DPNs
On the Sixth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Six sheep for shearing
On the Seventh Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Seven wheels for spinning
On the Eighth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Eight books for reading
On the Ninth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Nine classic movies
On the Tenth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Ten warm pashminas
On the Eleventh Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Eleven skeins for knitting
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas My True Love gave to me
Twelve tatting shuttles

1 comment:

Jenni said...

That's amusing, and original. Did you just make that up on the spot one night? when I make up stuff on the spot it usually comes out too bizarre to warrent sharing, not to mention that I can rarely remember it after the fact. :)