Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Observations Upon Watching The Sound of Music - specifically the "Do, Re, Mi" sequence


Gretel's dress should have been a smaller version of Martha's. The yellow shirt does not go.
It is more likely that Maria would have used fewer patterns when dressing 7 children out of curtains.

Who chose that fabric for Maria's undershirt? It makes sense for the 60's but it would NEVER have been used in 1930's Austria. It looks like a hair shirt.

Leisel's dress is so adorable, I think I will make myself one.

This is the voice of experience talking, I have made my share of pieces out of old curtains. Maria Von Trapp, Scarlett O'Hara, Samurai Mom.

Oh and yeah, kids who have never sang before learn to sing like professionals from the song "Do, Re, Mi." Sounds fishy to me.

2 comments:

Afton said...

My friend, you have been quite blog-bounteous today. Post-productive? Pearls of wisdom-o-plenty?

You've had a lot of posts! Makes this snow week a bit more fun.

Rebekah Gonzalez said...

you are too funny...I will never look at that movie the same.