Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hollywood Inspirations - Dial "M" for Marvelous

Handbags.
One, we shall now refer to purses as "handbags."
Two, in "Dial 'M' for Murder" Grace Kelly has more than one handbag and changes the love letter from handbag to handbag. Grace Kelly has more than one handbag, so shall I.
Three, Grace Kelly appears to have tiny coin purses inside of her handbags so that she doesn't lose things like her pass key. I shall devise small bags to keep all the sundries in my handbag organized.
Question: Was it really necessary for Ray Milland to steal his wife's handbag? Couldn't he have read the letter while she was in the shower or asleep? I suppose he needed the blackmail angle.
Observation: Ray Milland and Robert Cummings are pretty chummy as the husband and the lover, I would expect more friction.
Second Observation: If Grace Kelly is rich enough to murder for her money why do they live in a tiny one bedroom flat? It isn't even fabulous like Ingrid Bergman's in Indiscreet

1 comment:

Afton said...

I was driving behind someone months ago and noticed (how could I not, it was in huge letters across the back of their car) the website www.purslip.com.

Intrigued, I checked it out when I got home and "purslip" is a product for people with many changeable handbags. Instead of transferring items one piece at a time, you pull out the whole liner (this would be the "purslip") and put it into the new handbag.

Now, I'm the type of person who buys the $14.99 thing (I won't dignify what I have as either a purse or a handbag) at Target and use it until the strap breaks or I feel so foolishly out of style I go and buy another $14.99 thing to use, and so on and so forth.

So clearly the purslip is not for me. But, it sounds like it could be for you. You know, so you can see what it looks like and whip up one of your own while you simultaneously watch a classic film and knit that extra slipper you've been wanting.