Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Commander

I didn't have a single picture of Commander C at Outdoor School. That's because I never saw him. When I did see him he was decked out in a grey hoodie with his backpack on his back and his rope tied around his waist. At night he showed up to cabin at dark and slipped into his bed with his night vision goggles on, a pencil in his hand, his journal and a Calvin and Hobbes book. ( I snuck a peek into his journal and it was just pictures of stick people fighting.) Luckily Sarah was the official photographer for camp and took this picture as proof that he was there.

Just another tidbit. Today, as we were on our way home from Cub Scouts Commander C said, "Gavin made.....No. Gavin DARED me to pull the fire alarm." With wide eyes I asked if he did it. "Yes." Did the Fire Department come? They did not. I am suprised I wasn't met at the door of the church by a group of angry den mothers. Bless them.

No comments: