Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Notes from The Big Island

The Big Island June 21 - 22
Moose and I after our Helicopter tour of the volcano.Big Island grafitti- white coral declarations of love and "Go Team" slogan spelled out on the lava rocks.
We spent some time at "The Place of Refuge" or Pu'uhonua o Honaunau.
Me hiding from Moose underneath a rock just like one of Kamehameha's wives did.
Three Ki'i statues.
The Plaid Family. I snapped this photo at the black sand beach. It just cracked me up, I wonder if they planned it that way or if it was an accident.
Me standing close to the southern most point in the US on a black sand beach. The sand was very tiny pebbles and it reminds me of the weight stuff that fell out of a tape dispenser I once had. but honestly it was beautiful, I only wish we weren't so tired and exhausted by the time we arrived.

No comments: