Thursday, August 28, 2008

London Town

It is difficult to speak adequately, or justly, of London. It is not a pleasant place; it is not agreeable, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent. - Henry James
I found this blog today and it made me so nostalgic for London. This man does what I did in London, but for a living. He watches plays. There is nothing quite like living in London even if it is only for a term. There is nothing like having seen 28 shows in 3 months. There is nothing like tossing roasted chestnuts into the Thames because they are not tasty.

Since I don't have any of my pictures of London in digital form (though I did once see a digital camera while in London) I present a picture of my favorite bridge in London. Thoroughly unremarkable Waterloo Bride to me represents the embankment and delightful evenings walking along the embankment zig-zaging the river as we crossed each bridge. Waterloo must have held my favorite view.

No comments: