Friday, September 19, 2008

2 Blogs are Better Than One?


Mr. Moose and I are having a disagreement. I have 2 blogs, this one, Samurai Mom, and a craft blog, SewingDervish Creates. I used to have a homeschool blog as well but that was really fractured so I combined that one into Samurai Mom several months ago.

The disagreement is this: I think I should combine blogs because SewingDervish Creates is so boring I don't even want to post there. I think my followers (and spies) are missing out on a huge part of me if they aren't seeing my crafty adventures., but my crafty blog is not cool enough to be awesome like Angry Chicken, or Sugar City Journal or Pretty Little Things.
Mr Moose thinks that combining will drag down Samurai Mom.
So what do you think?
Please leave a comment.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Well, what % of your posts would be crafty? Like 30%? 10%? I think if it's under 10% then even if people aren't excited about the crafty posts themselves, they'll keep reading because hey, it's usually interesting stuff...
I have split off and done several blogs (we won't even talk about how many...don't you dare click on my profile and look!) anyway, I separated because I wanted to be able to use different sets of tags for one thing--I wanted my recipes to be searchable by the type of recipe for example. I wanted my family photos to be private, but I wanted my rantings on my soapbox to be public...I wanted to separate my etsy shop info/promotions because I figured my regular blog readers were probably sick of them. So, yes, I have 5 blogs which are just mine. I am also a co-author on a couple of team blogs.
I clearly spend too much time online. Or else I'm ADD/OCD. Or all of teh above. ;)

Erika said...

I think combining is alright if you do a crafty one say once a week or something. But really, I know I'll read anything you put up. :)

Keira said...

Assimilate yourself.

"A George divided against itself cannot stand!"

Jenny said...

I didn't even know you had another blog! I think it would be great to combine them! I agree with brightonwoman...if it's 10% or so, it shouldn't affect your blog already. Besides it give more to post. I love looking at updates on blogs that happen more than once a week. So post more often, I'll read!