Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kitchy Quotations?

Seven years ago I saved these prints from the Stake Library, they were throwing them away! I always wanted to do something fabulous with them. I sold some of them but saved my favorites.
This is what I have done with them:

(left to right: Raking Leaves with Father, Brothers Gazing on Landscape, Family Picnic, Sister Feeding Baby, Rain Gear and Daffodils, Dusting with Mother.) (Fantastic duck on lower left: Danvers)
I covered every wall in the "Schoolroom" with them. I would have liked grander frames, but I was on a budget.
(Feeding a Calf, Feeding Puppies)
The last one is on a wall all by itself and has a slightly different tone. It is also about an inch too short for the frame.
I think that it needs a caption. Something kitchy, something ironic, something idyllic, something that captures the spirit of the whole collection but also that picture. I would like it to be a little tongue and cheek. For example: the dangers of educating a lady, or how everyday should be just like these scenes. Kind of like how we call the Schoolroom the "Schoolroom" but really very little schooling happens there.
Suggestions?

2 comments:

Keira said...

Here's all I've got. (They're a little word-y.):

It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea. ~Dylan Thomas

The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother - and they'll settle for a puppy every time. ~Winston Pendelton

Accidents will occur in the best regulated families.
- Charles Dickens

Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas - that's what my grandma taught me. ~Lord Chesterfield

You must be on some kind of project jag. I love that you used all of these pictures. They make such an impact on your schoolroom.

Samurai Mom said...

Yeah, It's like nesting, but without the fatige and physical challenges. I am washing walls right now and have decided that the curtains need washing. What is with me????