Saturday, April 04, 2009

Saturday Night Cinema

I am beat tonight - it has been a very busy day so I am doing an easy one today.
Rear Window
Starring: Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly, Thelma Ritter, Raymond Burr
Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Date: 1954
Outstanding Costume Designer: Edith Head

Rear Window is a true Hitchcock classic, suspicion, humor, romance, voyeurism and murder.
I watched this just the other night and I was squealing the ENTIRE time Thorwald was in Jeff's apartment. "Eeeeeee, eeeee, eeeee!" Not for seconds but minutes. Moose can attest.
Jimmy Stewart acts his socks off. He can't move for the most part and most of what we see is in reaction to what he is seeing.
Grace Kelly's character, Lisa Fremont is beautiful, smart, daring, and surprisingly unconventional. The dress in her opening scene is divine as is the dress at the end of the film, and all of the dresses in between.

6.5 thimbles out of 7

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE that movie!

The Three Little Bears said...

Hi, I was browsing the topic of babywearing and came across your blog. I just decided to do this myself when our baby is born in June/July. I am not getting a lot of support from friends around me but would love to hear any advice you might have to offer!

Jenni said...

I LOVE that movie. It was the first hitchcock I saw (before I knew what a 'hitchcock movie' really was) and frankly it is still my favorite. :)