Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The First Iconic Ride of the Year

I took Liberty Bell out this afternoon for a ride. Spring has been here for several weeks, the violets are spent, the tulip trees have dropped their flowers and the daffodils are staring to look a little sad but there were still some amazing blossoms.
While I was taking a water break I saw those big, fat fuzzy bumblebees in this plum tree. I rummaged in my basket for my camera but by the time I got it out they had moved on to another tree. I did get this great shot of a honey bee though.I eagerly await this every year. Two of our neighbors have these Double Flowering Cherry Trees. There are one or two days when they are fully bloomed before the blossoms start falling and they are breathtaking. I take a picture every year.

1 comment:

Hausfrau said...

Wow, those trees are gorgeous--they make me miss all the sakura in Japan!

Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog! I have a pic for you of the skirt in question. If you'll send me an email from your personal address, I'll be glad to attach it and get it back to you!