Sunday, October 05, 2008

I just can't resist

When Nutmeg wants something she will say ever so politely and sweetly "Could you share?" If she said "Will you," or "Can you?" I would probably say, "No, it's mine." because you know mothers get the last little bit of everything, the leftovers. But that "Could you?" melts me every time and I acquiesce.
Nutmeg picked out this skirt herself. She chose the color, the fabric, the ribbon and demanded the flower buttons. I gave in to it all because how often are you a little girl that wants a your mom to make you a pink skirt? How many times will I have this opportunity? How many girls do I have? Like President Monson said this morning, tomorrow comes too soon and I don't want empty yesterdays.
I am pleased, she has been wearing it for 3 days in a row.

2 comments:

grandmawhitehouse said...

Wow, Margaret has good taste. Great Job!

Erika said...

Oh so cute! I want one!