Monday, October 19, 2009

One Good Thing About the Swine Flu Hysteria

The one good this as far as I can see about the Swine Flu Pandemic Scare is that finally our nation's school children are allowed to actually stay home when they are sick. Attendance policies are being loosened so that sick kids can stay home and not infect others (never mind whether it is better for their ability to get well.)
Imagine that. Sick people staying home so that they don't infect others and their bodies can heal. Am I the only one that thinks that this should be standard policy not just pandemic hysteria policy?
I remember going to school so sick that I could barely stay upright but I had to be there because I wasn't allowed to miss anymore days of school and still be able to graduate regardless of my B/A average.
One of the things I appreciate about homeschooling is not having to send my children to the germ infested school everyday and then deal with all of the illnesses that they contract from the sick children who came to school. We don't get sick very much around here and I give a big chunk of the credit to not sending my kids to school.

1 comment:

Keira said...

I love sending my kids off to the germ-infested school, personally... ;0)