Monday, April 19, 2010

"I Just Like Nature"


Boba Fett has made an important decision. He phoned the grandparents right away and left the the following message: "Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have decided to become a zoologist and I started a nature journal. Bye."

This does not come as a surprise to the Mr. and I. Boba Fett has been aiming at a career at the zoo for some years now but this evening he confided to me that he didn't know if he wanted to to work at the zoo or to study animals. He was relieved to find out that the two occupations are compatible. He was a little dismayed to learn that college was involved as well as mastering the tricksy skill of reading but I think he is willing to power through.

One problem though, Boba Fett plans to relocate to Montana and was sad to learn that the only zoo in Montana isn't anywhere close to Grandma's house. I will have to let him know about the fish and game opportunities in NW Montana.

We discussed "observing" things and set up a nature journal with a primary study of Little Fishy, one of our goldfish.

Tomorrow's subject: Rocks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I have it on good authority that any young man that applies himself and studies hard can start his very own zoo. Anywhere in Montana that he likes! And he can call it anything he likes. Grandpa