Monday, May 03, 2010

Give Said The Little Stream

I am a huge fan of service. I have a testimony of the blessings it provides for the giver. Providing services reaps nearly as many blessings as the receiver. I find that nothing cheers me up as quickly as serving another.

Lately my ability to provide service has been less, it is hard to step outside your self when you feel like your sanity is hanging by a thread. Though I have found some ways to show the Lord's love to others in the past few months the bulk of my service has been in the way of providing opportunities for others to serve. To serve me.

Next week, we will be moving into our new house and we will be providing opportunities to serve by the bucketful. I look forward to it.

But even better news is that I can see myself being in a position to give service in the very near future.

In the meantime I invite you to share the blessings service with my dear friend who started a new blog 52 Weeks of Pies, wherein she will perfect the art of pie making and reap the blessings of random service. I love it! Really, I am so impressed with this idea. I might just try and think up a way I can serve every week. Thanks for the inspiration.

1 comment:

Shawnel said...

We need to do more service too. As a family I mean. My husband was going over to a lil old lady's house in our ward to help her on her computer and told him to take Little D. He was very confused as to why he need to do service.