Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Familiar Things

I have been doing some fairly diverse reading this summer. Philosphy novels, philanthopic memoirs and clean romance novels. When I feel the need for a little pick-me-up (which happens all too often these days) I pick up an Essie Summers and chase the blues away. I feel very ashamed of the romance novels but at least they aren't smutty and it is better than television program.

I am in between book group books and I was thinking about what to tackle next when I realized what I need to read is comfortable and familiar things. Books that feel like home, books that are personal like a pair of well worn gloves or your favorite pillow.

And so, I laid on my nightstand
Jane Eyre and
Mrs. Miniver.

1 comment:

Keira said...

Essie Summers would say that they're there so that you can 'dip' into them whenever you like. My standbys are P&P, Persuasion (which is vastly more romantic), and anything interesting/nonfiction-y.