Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cephalopod Love


This is my new conversation starter/ party trick.  I pull out my most recent knitting project and it looks like a boring octahedron.
 

 "Oh....nice" the guests say uncertainly, thinking to themselves that I have really lovered my standards.

And then I begin to turn it inside out, 

What could it be?

It couldn't be.
 It is! 

An Octopus!

And an adorable one at that.
 I love it so much.  I still trying to find a name for him. I used Knit Picks City Tweed DK in Habanero and Porpise. The pattern  is Cephalohedron by Erica Schlueter.  The pattern is totally worth the money but I can't for the life of me figure out WHY pattern makers don't add the errata into the original pattern after they discover it.  It is a PDF for crying out loud.  Not hard to change.

P.S. I really love octopodes, it is a strange obsession but real.

No comments: