Saturday, October 25, 2008

13 Things I Love About Trader Joe's


1. Pumpkin Butter - It is like pumpkin pie in a jar. You can put it on toast, or croissants, or on top of little pie crusts. We put it in the middle of pancake batter and cooked it in the sandwich maker. The jar has a recipe for soup but sweet soups aren't my thing. Sweet desserts, yes.
2. Cat Cookies - One of those thing you start snacking on and before you know it the whole tub is gone.
3. No preservatives or artificial junk. Not everything is organic but they have a fair organic selection and the stuff that isn't organic is pretty good for you too.
4. Marinated Chipotle Chicken Skewers - At our house known as "Chicken-on-a-Stick" these make a meal of their own, filler for chicken tacos, quesedillas and topping for chicken pizza.
6. Organic Pops- these are organic suckers. They have no food coloring in them! And they are good. I do not even like hard candy but I have taken a shine to the pomegranate pops and save them all for myself.
7. Organic Creamy Tomato Soup - Yum. I was not a fan of creamy tomato soup until I tried this.
8. Salsas - all sorts- we love Trader Joe's salsa from the Salsa Verde and the Salsa Autentica to the Double Roasted Chipotle and the Habanero Lime.
9. Samples, friendly employees, free treats for the kids and if you don't like something you just bring it back and they will give you your money back!
10. Price - pretty much if you can find it at Trader Joe's it is cheaper than anywhere else. (though Whole Foods 365 brand is pretty cheap)
11. Pistachio Toffee - When I tell people this they say "I don't like Pistachios." It doesn't matter - this stuff is so good.
12. Dried pineapple - no sugar just dried pineapple - all of the dried fruits are great.
13. Candy Cane Joe-Joes - pepperminty Oreo's with better for you ingredients. Delicious!

1 comment:

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Amen, sister, amen! TJ's is one of the reasons I was OK moving to Oregon.