Friday, October 17, 2008

Spain the Forgotten Member


A few months ago there was a plane crash in Spain. You may or may not have heard of this. Why? Well because Spain is the forgotten country in Europe. I am serious, think about Europe. What are the first 3 countries you think of? I bet they are France, Germany and Italy while you debate whether or not Britain is technically in Europe. If pressed you will think of Austria and Switzerland and then head north to Scandinavia.

Most of this is due the dreadful news reporting in this country. We rarely get news of any other country and if we do it is a country we are economically linked to. Not to mention the abysmal education in the public schools where geography isn't even a subject. But I digress, my point is Spain. No one thinks about poor Spain, they speak a language most of us think about regularly namely, "Spanish."

I myself no little about Spain other than Moorish Architecture, Don Quixote and bull fighting. I assume they are pretty into Soccer like the rest of Europe.

So for those so inclined here is a link to educate you about Spain.

No comments: