Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Humble Pie

For the Scout's Blue & Gold Banquet tonight the boys are supposed to bring a cake to the Father and Son Cake Decorating Contest, the theme is American ABC's. Moose and Commander C came up with the idea of "As American as baseball and apple pie." So they are making a baseball cake and an apple pie. I let them do it all until it came to the apples and It was going to take forever so I sliced the apples because the suspense was killing me. Oh, and Commander C sliced his finger when peeling the apples and the blood made me woozy.
Look at this pie. The first pie they have ever made. This pie made with a Betty Crocker Pie Crust Mix is a better looking pie than all of the best parts of all the pie I have ever made, combined. My pride is hurt. A friend pointed out that now I can turn pie making over to them and retire.
If their baseball cake turns out better than my cake decorating escapades I will be very, very humbled. Humble Apple Pie anyone?
****Update****
The pie was very yummy.

2 comments:

Afton said...

love your new banner. Isn't it nice to have a graphic designer friend? She helped me with mine too. Although I felt too bad to ask her to fix the size after she'd already done so much...so it's a tad too big.

I'm sad we are not in cub scouts anymore, although it's kind of nice not to have to make a cake. That was always a crazy time.

Rebekah Gonzalez said...

Or else... :) I still see the blood on the pie ..lol :) jk