Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two Days of Flannel

Yesterday I finished this dress for Nutmeg. Flannel that has been in my stash for 7 years from McCall's 3949. I wanted to make something girly but warm and flannely. I did want an eyelet lace on the hem but decided to forgo it of a long eyelet petticoat. Perhaps faux buttons on the front?
I am very happy with it save 2 exceptions. It is too wide in the body so it hangs a little tent-ish. This is what comes from having a tiny girl, something I have never known for myself and therefore do not plan for when sewing. If I can find the right ribbon I will add a sash to take it in.
And the collar. Why do I have perpetual problems with peter pan collars? When I draft them myself they are too small and if I follow the pattern the collar goes out past her shoulder caps. I just want a tiny little collar. The finishing was too difficult to attempt to save this dress, but if I use this pattern for Easter I will fix it.
Today we are feeling a little bit lazy and Boba Fett and Nutmeg are recovering from slight colds and I am bravely defending myself from a threatening one. We are still in our jammies.

1 comment:

Keira said...

Love. L-uh-uh-uh-ve the flannel.