Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Run Run as Fast as You Can. You Can't Catch Me I'm the Nutmeg Girdle"

Made from my stash. I found this Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, Gingerbread Man and Three Little Pigs print at Fabric Depot last fall. I didn't have a plan but it just tickled my funny bone and I had to get it.I only bought a bit (1/2 yard) so making this skirt presented... challenges. I didn't use a pattern I just took my scissors, folded the fabric and went at it. In retrospect that wasn't such a bright idea but I managed to make it work. It is a kind-of-bias-cut-kind-of-circle skirt. I salvaged the homemade bias tape from the jalapeno place mats that never were, I had to go out an buy the fabric for waistband because inexplicably I didn't have a single scrap of red cotton. I suspect foul play.
Nutmeg isn't sold on it yet. She resents anything I make her stop playing for and try on. We need to come up with a clever top.

1 comment:

Shawnel said...

That looks really cute!