Saturday, February 20, 2010

For SALE!

I'm done.

The floors are mopped, the dust bunnies vanquished, rooms have been stripped of character, 5-6 van loads of stuff has been boxed up and is in transit to the storage unit including most of my books, paint has been applied liberally and frequently, windows have been washed and flowers have been strategically planted, several trips to Home Depot have been made....I could go on and on and on.

I have worked myself to the bone, well at least through a few millimeters of fingertips. I would treat myself to a manicure but scraping paint off of linoleum ruins a girls nails so I have nothing left to manicure. I don't remember the last time I have ever worked so hard for so long, if there was ever such a time.

I am looking forward to not snapping at my kids because I am doing something as lame as cleaning. I am looking forward to not being perpetually angry with my husband. I am looking forward to reading blogs. I am looking forward to watching movies and knitting. I am looking forward to reading to my kids again.

The house was listed late Thursday night and we have an appointment for a showing today. Keep your fingers crossed and a prayer in your heart that they miraculously buy our house because we have our eye on something we do NOT want to let get away but we need to sell first.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck! I found that once our house was on the market, I had way more time to spend doing _________ because my house was already clean. And I swore I would never go back to being a messy. Yep. That lasted....a few hours. I saw it on the MLS and it looks great. All of that hard work paid off!

Keira said...

It looks great in the pictures! I am crossing fingers and toes for you!

Jenny said...

How did I miss this?! You are selling your cute, adorable home? Where are you planning on moving?