Friday, November 21, 2008

All The News That's Fit to Sew

Let the joyous news be spread: Violet has been repaired! When the shop called and told me she was fixed I was beside myself with joy. NOW I feel I can post about our weekend of fabric.
This is Fabric Depot, the first time I walked in, I cried tears of joy. I had never seen so much fabric in one place. The picture is part of the store, I couldn't fit it all in one picture.
This is the lining for my new coat.
This is the lining, green wool and pattern laid out. Guess what? I am about half a yard short on the lining so if anyone is headed to Fabric Depot, let me know.
Nutmeg likes to help me sew. She is in charge of pins. Don't panic! She is more nimble with pins than most male adults.This is Nutmeg trying not to cry when I told her she couldn't put pins in her mouth until she was 10 years old.

3 comments:

Rebekah Gonzalez said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!10 huh..cute! I love that bee fabric...sooo unique!

Afton said...

I have a magnetic pin cushion that my kids love to play with when I sew. Of course I usually find a pin here and there on the carpet after wards. Kind of stinks.

My mom is a quilter...obsessive. (It's where I get my obsessive tendencies) She and my dad have a very fine marriage and all and were and are great examples to me, BUT there was a point where my dad told my mom that if he stepped on one more pin that was buried in the carpet the marriage would be over.

Maybe that was TMI. :)

Keira said...

Laura is the pin girl in our house. She never is so excited as when she gets to grab the pins...

I love that lining, btw.