Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Evidence That I Have Given Up

A few days ago I posted in on my Facebook status that I had given up. I received many friendly admonitions to keep holding on and to eat some ice cream. I don't know what my friends thought I was giving up on but I was referring to my kids. I am just going to let them run the show from now on. I gave a valiant effort for 8 1/2 years, but now I give up.
As evidence, yesterday I sent Moose out to the store just to buy corn dogs for dinner. We NEVER buy corn dogs, I think they are the junkiest food you can have. Yet, there I was telling my husband to go buy a box.
As further evidence, the children have had corn dogs for 3 meals in a row now. I mean really compared to sugary cereal corn dogs are the healthy breakfast choice, right?

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Definitely better than sugary cereal, yes...
One option, you know, if they love them so much...betcha homemade corndogs with real all-beef hot dogs and wheat flour/cornmeal coating would be enjoyed too...

I remember the day Wolf asked if he could pick a box of cereal rather than me always doing it. I said ok, he could pick anything he wanted SO LONG AS sugar was not in the first two ingredients. He had to read about 8 boxes before he found one that met the criteria!

Afton said...

Corn. Sounds healthy to me. Listen to Bill Cosby's comedy routine about cake for breakfast and you will find many more ways to rationalize.

If you've waited 8 1/2 years to give your kids corn dogs, I say 3 meals in a row is nothing to worry about. You could probably go 5 and still be just fine.

Keira said...

You're not alone...