Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Weenie!

Today is my little sister "Weenie's" birthday. I know it isn't a very nice nickname but we gave it to her when we were kids and it stuck. I can't do a very good birthday tribute to her because I don't have very many pictures of her that she was willing to share.

Weenie is my best friend (apart from Nutmeg). Isn't it nice to have a built in best friend stuck with you forever? Someone who has to still know you even if you fight with them once in a while or forget to do something for them. Someone you can call when you are out and say - "Will you look up such and such for me because I am lost." We didn't really become friends until after I graduated from high school. I realized she was my best friend after we were both married.
To show that I am a good sister I chose to post the picture where I look funny and she looks good rather than the one where she looks like a weenie and I look fabulous.

Weenie has 3 adorable children. I love them a lot and they are very, very cute. I would say the cutest , but have you seen MY kids? I love them and tell her all the time that I will take them if she dies or just wants to get rid of them. Her daughter "Little A" looks just like her.

Weenie likes to craft and scrapbook. Weenie also likes to spend her husbands money. Weenie has a lot of common sense which is a good thing. Weenie has the smallest ears of the 4 sisters which makes her the winner because we think small ears are a mark of beauty.

Weenie is one of my co-partners at MissMossMadness our Etsy site. She makes nursing covers. weenie also has a blog The Best Things in Life Are... which she doesn't update much but she complains enough when I don't.

Weenie deliberately deceived me when she was expecting her 3rd. I kept telling her she was pregnant and she continually deceived me because she wanted to keep it a surprise and thought I would tell!

Weenie loves to make apple pies and doesn't really love chocolate which is weird. Weenie is not very sentimental or emotional and sometimes I wonder if my parents really did pick her up at the reservation because she is not like me in those ways. We are the best of friends when we are apart but when we get together at reunions or Christmas we always fight because I take things seriously ans she doesn't. GRRR!

All in all I love my sister and I wish her a happy birthday and I wish I could see her at Christmas even though I know we would fight.

P.S. Weenie, I will post more pictures of you if you send them to me.
P.P.S. Moose thought I should post the picture of you when you were pregnant in a bathing suit, but because I love you, I refrained.

4 comments:

Afton said...

What a nice tribute to your sister. I have a fab sister who is my On-Star when I get lost or when I'm driving around and don't know where the nearest Quiznos is.

One time she called me and said, "I'm standing on Market Street in Downtown San Fransisco and I need to find a place where i can buy one of those bells...like the "ring for service" kind they have at old hotel lobbies."

And in a few minutes I found a place where she could buy one 3 blocks from where she was standing.

Who needs On Star when you have sisters!

Shawnel said...

Its a good thing you didn't post the picture of me prego. Thanks though. It was a nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't like chocolate? That is weird! Happy Birthday anyway! I have 3 brothers, and no sisters, and I envy you. But my oldest brother is one of my best friends and writes me a hand-written letter every week, and that is very special.

Siblings are a blessing.

Ann Agent said...

Wow! What a lovely post. My sister's birthday is also Dec 14th. Small World after all.