Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Tree

On Saturday we we trudged out to our favorite tree farm and cut our tree.
We had a tough time finding one that was tall enough but the one we did choose has a fabulous shape. I think it is the best formed tree we have ever had. There are very few empty spaces, and they aren't very big. 10 feet 3 inches this year. We like to have 12- 13 feet.
We always get a tall tree because it is tradition. Moose's family has always had a tall tree. We also
figure that if we are going to have to waste money heating that big vaulted ceiling we might as well get some use out of it.
I am in charge of lights. Each year I curse Martha Stewart for teaching me the proper way to light a tree. I takes a LONG time, tons of lights(9 strings this year) and is a pain to take off at the end of the season, but it is so worth it.
I love my trees, they are so pretty, the reaction from people when they walk in is priceless. Even if it never gets decorated fully. Moose usually wimps out on me at the end of the decorating. He claims he will do it later. Then eventually I will be expecting company and have to haul the ladder out to the garage and it never makes its way back out.This is just a gratuitous shot of Nutmeg in her new Christmas dress that I did not make, and bonnet that I did make.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm the official light-stringer too. My dad taught me how to go in and out each branch and yeah, it takes forever. DH doesn't have the patience. I'm curious now what Martha's official guidelines are!
DH always wants a bigger tree, i always want a smaller one...we have always had a small place, and one year DH overestimated the space so drastically that he had to take 14inches off the top of the tree to stand it up!!!

Randee said...

Great tree! Love the Christmas dress too!