Friday, July 10, 2009

Dear Senator Boxer



The Honorable Barbara Boxer
United States Senate

Dear Senator Boxer,

I heard this clip of you some weeks ago and it has really rankled me. Remember when you saw fit to embarrass Brigadier General Michael Walsh for calling you "ma'am?" Remember when you interrupted a man who keeps us SAFE and asked him to call you "Senator" because you worked hard for that title? I thought it was incredibly rude and telling of you, a United States Senator, to be so petty and ask him to stroke your ego.

I was looking through Etiquette for all Occasions by Carolyn Hager Shaw this afternoon when I saw this table on the appropriate way to address people. As you can see General Walsh was being as polite as possible to you, which is more than I can say for your behavior.
I hope this can be of some help to you in the future, unless of course, you were offended that he reminded you that you were a woman. If that is the case you might want to make a press announcement asking people to address you as "sir."
Very truly yours,
Samurai Mom

2 comments:

Afton said...

You should get the "United Broke my Guitar" guy to write up a snappy song about this and post it on Youtube. I can hear the chorus now: "get over yourself Boxer, you're not as great as you think."

Keira said...

Congress breaks etti-what? rules all the time. Putting their hands in my cookie jar for second-sies and third-sies is only one such instance.