Thursday, July 09, 2009

I am Not Laughing, Congressman

This is the opposite of funny but Congressman Hoyer from Maryland certainly seems to find in humorous. Here is a brief snippet:

"House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that the health-care reform bill now pending in Congress would garner very few votes if lawmakers actually had to read the entire bill before voting on it."

Oh, really? Somehow I am not seeing that as a bad thing.

After you read that article and your head explodes, you can listen to this as you are sharpening your pitchforks it will give you some hope at least and let you know who not to attack during revolution. It is 12 minutes long but worth every second.


Senator Tom Coburn from Oklahoma, a stand up guy in Washington. Can you imagine it? Read more about the bill here.

You may have noticed that there was not a quorum at the time that this speech was delivered. It is probable that your senator didn't hear it. Maybe you should send him the link.

Thanks to Jeanette (whom I will henceforth refer to as "My Friend's Wife") for the Coburn link. It salvaged my afternoon.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I found your blog thru Afton's blog! Thanks for the video! It is great! :) I hope it passes!