Thursday, March 18, 2010

Something Like the Victoria Cross Please

Wednesday Boba Fett wanted to go to the duck pond to feed the ducks. I had a little insider information, namely, the parks district had stocked the pond with trout on Monday. So, I surprised the kids with an impromptu fishing trip. Boba Fett was ecstatic that he was having "My first time fishing!"
BG down at G.I. Joes helped us get all rigged up and off we went. We didn't catch anything (for which I will be eternally grateful), in fact we barely figured out how to cast but we had a good time.

I. Took. My. Kids. Fishing. Alone. Voluntarily.

"What do you want, a medal? " my mom asked after I told the 5th time what I had done.

"Yes, I do!"

1 comment:

Afton said...

Not only should you get a medal, this should be an event in the mom olympics. Of course not catching any fish is the one thing that give you that extra .001 points to win the gold. Like a flawlessly landed triple lutz.