Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm a Copy Cat and I Don't Care

I saw this post yesterday and hastened myself to Joann because I needed a centerpiece for the table so that I can stop buying so many fresh flowers, and because I am mad about ranunculus.

Not angry mad but crazy mad.

I didn't even know that ranunculus existed until last spring when I saw them Home Depot. I thought that they were lovely that I bought a bag and planted them. They never came up, happily, the silk flowers look as good as the real thing.

Not only did I find ranunculus but I found the exact plants that Samster Mommy used in her box. Usually I try to make things my own but I love the freshness of this color. May these words never come from my fingers again; but, good thing Joann has the same stuff all over the country.
Super easy, the cost was about $15 which is more than I would have liked but the tiny basket was $5. Seriously Joann, I know that basket cost like 25 cents to make.

Nutmeg helped, in fact Nutmeg did most of it, she was a real tyrant and barely let me do anything but trim the stems.
She is pretty proud.

2 comments:

grandmawhitehouse said...

Margaret is so talented

Samurai Mom said...

She got her flower arranging talent from her Grandma.