Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why I Steam Tablecloths with a Smile on My Face

I helped with a wedding this weekend. It was just what I needed to get out of the house as I have been sitting at home in a funk for weeks. I had so much fun chatting in the kitchen while we prepared food. Decorating for a wedding is SO much fun especially when you don't have the stress of it being a wedding that you are a part of. Actually, the fact that I barely know the bride made it better. My favorite task was making up a basket of food for the bride and groom to take with them to the hotel.

What I wanted to write about was this:
I was thanked profusely for my help. While I am glad that my helping hands weren't taken for granted I felt very uncomfortable with all of the thanks because it seemed so unnecessary.

I helped because I love my sisters.

To all of the women in my circle, you are my mothers, my sisters, my aunts, my cousins, my friends. Helping you isn't a chore or even a duty on my part it is something I want to do and don't even think twice about. You are my family. That's what families do.

No comments: