Saturday, July 10, 2010

Perfect Day

We hit the beach twice this week. The first day was so-so and we had to leave early but yesterday we fled the heat and went to our favorite beach.Camrock was on a mission and he set right to work building a model of the battle at Omaha Beach.

He made waves with the tip of the shovel.
Speaking of shovels we found this amazing shovel that is just about 2 feet tall and very light. I feel it will become a good friend if we can manage not to lose this one!
We played in the sand
and frolicked in the sea,
even me!
I was exceptionally brave, I played in the cold water with Boba Fett and at the tide pools I picked up 2 hermit crabs because every one else was too afraid. Not to mention posting a picture of me in a bathing suit on my blog.
And then we stacked rocks
the kids are getting pretty good at it
I asked Boba Fett to put his head close to the rocks for the picture. he is so funny!
The weather was so fine, the sky was clear, it was the perfect day at the beach.
And when we got home it was the perfect night to sit on the porch in the twilight.

1 comment:

Erika said...

So your favorite beach is Omaha beach? Or something else?