Friday, July 23, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Awesome

It all started when I saw this post back in January. Obviously, I needed Welly Warmers but first I needed Wellies! I then proceeded to learn that Wellies are a) expensive and b) won't fit my generous calves.
Imagine my excitement when I saw these darlings at the scary Goodwill this afternoon. The tops looked big, like they might actually fit. Since we are close friends, dear readers I will tell you the awful, gross truth.

I put my bare foot into a dark hole of a boot shaft in the scary Goodwill.

Thus we see I am a) a dedicated bargain hunter b) a fool for style c) very brave and d) awesome! They fit. I paid for them by the pound, about 5 bucks or so.

Now we will begin the hunt for the perfect flannel or flannels to make Welly Warmers. Muddy Oregon winters prepare. Are you ready boots? Start walkin'.

1 comment:

grandmawhitehouse said...

Wow they look like a find. Cant wait to see the finished product.