Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5x5, pt 3


Day 3 involved me, a high chair a wooden compote and 2 cans of spray paint.  The Samurai Mom's Color of the Year goes to .....*drumroll*......Raspberry!  Last year's color of the year was Starlings Green,  this year is it raspberry.
I had been coveting this raspberry gingham check at the fabric store for months and several weeks ago I decided I would like to paint the high chair raspberry.  Then one day I saw the perfect color spray paint (Krylon in Raspberry,) 
 
and then last weekend I found a china set (Creative Platinum Starburst?) at a garage sale and loved the color scheme.  Before I had the box out of the van and into the house I had decided it would be the perfect inspiration piece for my kitchen!  What is that in the center of the grey starbursts?  Oh, RASPBERRY!
So today I tackled the high chair
and dedicated the compote to a life in pink.  
Excellent.
Then this evening La Keira came over and we pawed through my fabric stash  and found this perfect fabric that I got from my mother-in-law.  It has the perfect shades of grey and raspberry.  I had planned for it to become a blouse but as you see it is now a curtain to hide the recycling!
Next step: paint for the kitchen walls!

1 comment:

Shawnel said...

what color will you paint the kitchen?