Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Starlings Day!

Happy Anniversary!  Starlings has belonged to us for 1 year today.  That was a very happy day, we have been so blessed and I have been grateful every single day.
Starlings, May 10, 2010 in the a.m.
I spent the mid-day moving mis-placed tulips and weeding in preparation for the great bark dust dump scheduled for this weekend. The azaleas are the only thing in bloom just now but they are brilliant, there are a few last tulips that haven't died yet and the poppies and iris are taunting me.   I can't wait to eat from the gardens.
Last night  I  made a very small rhubarb crisp, it was the first rhubarb harvest at Starlings and the first harvest of the year from the gardens. Happily, (considering my sketchy history with crisps) it was a success.
Starlings, May 10, 2011, 3 pm.  With 3 bickering children.
The sun has come out, the birds are singing and I am typing this on my porch.  The kids are running and laughing and swinging.

   Life is Great! 
God is Good!

2 comments:

Shawnel said...

your sign turned out cute.

grandmawhitehouse said...

Your sign looks cute and congrats on the one year mark. I'm so glad you were able to make it happen.