Saturday, August 02, 2008

July Reading List

I have decided to start rating the books on my book list on a scale of 7 thimbles. Why thimbles? Because I like to do needlework of course. Why 7, not 5 or 10? Because 5 never seems like enough but 10 is a bit excessive.

Dead Reckoning - Craig, Jared and Jeffery Cheney. Sci-fi is not my usual genre in fact I think this is the second Sci-fi book I have ever read. I read the book because I am a friend of one of the authors and I was so excited to see what kind of book he would write. I was not disappointed. Dead Reckoning is a tale about teamwork, survival, piracy and human nature. Once I was in I couldn't stop reading except for giving in to extreme fatigue at 2 am. I give it 5.5 out of 7 thimbles.

Currently reading:
The Prince and the Pauper - Mark Twain

No comments: