Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sabbath Leaves

Our Beautiful World:
I think the way figs grow on the stem of the tree so interesting. The leaves are so distinctive and striking. I ate my first fresh fig this week. It was beautiful. I don't know how much I like them but I do like fresh figs better that preserved figs. My friend Katherine lives in a place called Fig Tree House. She says there is a mighty fig in the back garden.
Blessings:
0.11 acres (less the house and driveway and the enormous shade of the Maple tree) with which to grow food for my family. For quite a while I have been feeling deprived because there wasn't room for a garden and now that I have learned to be more creative, I feel abundantly blessed. Many people have no earth at all, mine just requires ingenuity and hard work.
Striving:
To drive out contention. A sister in our ward does "not allow contention in" her home. We are all stunned and flabbergasted at this but she says it really is possible. we must find a way to reach this utopia.

No comments: