Monday, June 08, 2009

The End of an Era


Meet Clotilde, my trusty razor for going on 18 years now. That's correct, I have been using the same razor for the majority of my shaving career. Clotilde has been to Wales, Cornwall, Scotland, Canada, Hawaii, Leadore, Idaho, everywhere that I have been. Clotilde has shaved my legs for every date, Clotilde has been with me through heartache and three pregnancies. That's loyalty, that's "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." Thrift. Frugality. Very Samurai Mom.

Last week I happened to find myself in the razor aisle of Target and looked for the ever familiar packet of Personal Touch razor blades. I became concerned but didn't panic. Tonight I went to Rite Aid, no razor blades. I think they have discontinued them. I knew the day would come but I had hoped to be really old when it happened - perhaps old enough to stop shaving all together. Alas. I suppose they think that I have received my money's worth from that razor.

If you happened to see the little brown cartridges at your drugstore let me know so I can snatch them up. Thank goodness I have a year's supply.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hahaha! That ad is awesome. I love the polka dot shoes. Sorry they stopped making your razor blades. :(

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Now that is just sad.