Monday, December 14, 2009

Here We Come a Wassailing or a Rockin' Christmas List

(start at about 6 minutes)
One movie I love is Under The Greenwood Tree mostly because of the opening scenes of the "quire" caroling on Christmas Eve. Come to think of it I love Little Women too because of the scene where the girls are marching with their Christmas breakfast and singing "Here we Come a Wassailing" I love caroling and I love Christmas Carols but this year I have been wanting only rockin' music for my holiday tunes. Maybe I need high energy songs to keep up with the crafting fever there is nothign like dancing with a hot glue gun or an Exacto knife.
Here are some selections from my Rockin' Christmas list

(I don't know why Mariah Carey is on here twice I guess her Christmas songs are just better than the other versions.)

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/ We Three Kings - Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan
Cool Yule - Louis Armstrong
Christmas Baby Please Come Home- Mariah Carey
Last Christmas- Cascada
Run, Rudolph Run- Brian Setzer Orchestra (This link is good but the recording we bought on Amazon rocks HARDER)
I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - John Mellencamp
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town - The Jackson 5
All I Want for Christmas is You- Mariah Carey

1 comment:

Keira said...

I DO love a good Mariah Carey Christmas carol.