Friday, September 26, 2008

Birth Order


I have been reading the Nie Nie Dialogues lately, Nie's posts have caused me to do a lot of reflecting. I have been wondering about birth order, mostly about how a family dynamic might be different if girls are born first rather than boys, or a quiet personality being the first child versus an exuberant personality.
I see Nie's girls being girly as can be and wonder if Nutmeg will ever be that way. She likes girly thing as much as the next girl but she also likes Legos and swordplay and since she has 2 older brothers video games and Jedi duels are the order of the day. I can't imagine my kids playing dress up or having tea parties ... ever.
My friend Sarah has 6 girls and she can sew, and create, and decorate and watch girly movies to her hearts content I wonder how different her home is from my cousin Ann who has 3 boys.

If you haven't heard of the Nie Nie Dialogues yet where have you been for the last month - certainly not on the Internet. You can catch up with Nie's continuing story on her sister's blog C-Jane

1 comment:

Keira said...

I wonder less about birth order perhaps because I am 24th. That actually (actually) makes me the oldest of the middle of the youngest.

Beat that for psychosis.